Revitalizing Shower Filter Replacement Cartridge
Shipping & Returns
Order Processing Times: Shipping time frames for certain products may vary and are detailed below.
Print on Demand: Some products are created by “Print on Demand”. This means that once you place your order the products are then produced and shipped.
Currently, Print on Demand applies to products in the following categories:
Apparel: Order processing time: 5-7 business days
Jewelry: Order processing time: 14-21 days
GIN branded home products: Order processing time: 5-10 business days
Office and Stationary: Order processing time: 5-10 business days
Other General Orders: Most other orders placed on the GIN Store have an order processing time of 2-4 business days. Other factors may extend this timeframe like seasonal, weather, unforeseen challenges etc. We will make every reasonable attempt to contact you about any extended shipping timeframes with your order.
Please be advised that some products are fulfilled by multiple locations and venders. Therefore, you may receive your order in multiple shipments should your order contain multiple items.
Multiple shipping methods are available. The GIN Store, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to use an alternate shipment method of equal or greater level of service. Reasonable effort is made to inform customers of circumstances which require special shipping arrangements.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER for Orders shipping OUTSIDE of the Unites States of America: Duties and Taxes: Import duties, taxes, and brokerage fees are not included in the product price or shipping and handling cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility as we are only charging the transportation fee for your order.
Affiliate Orders: In order to provide GIN members with expanded product options we have partnered with outside vendors as affiliates. Orders placed through an affiliate website are subject to that websites shipping and return policies. We encourage you to review any affiliate websites policies prior to purchasing.
Lost in Transit: If your order hasn’t arrived and your tracking information indicates the package was delivered then please contact us ASAP. In some cases the package is lost in transit by the shipment carrier. Sometimes, there are packages that turn up after being rerouted, are delayed due to weather, or are delivered to a neighbor’s house etc. If any of these situations occur we will work to remedy the lost shipment with you.
Shipment Destination: We encourage you send your order to a residential address to help ensure against misplacement or mishandling of your order by a third party. The GIN Store cannot entertain claims of lost packages that were sent to a non-residential address, which indicate delivery via the tracking number.
Undeliverable or Returned Packages: If your shipment is undeliverable due to incorrect address, restricted address, unsupported address (P.O. box indicated for UPS shipment or item too large for P.O. box, etc.), too many failed delivery attempts, or being refused by recipient, we will contact you for alternate shipping arrangements. Additional shipping incurred for these reasons is at the customer's expense.
Incorrect, Damaged, Lost, or Defective Items:
Incorrect Items: If you received incorrect merchandise such as items that do not match with your order you are entitled to a refund or exchange for the correct merchandise.
Damaged Items: If you received a damaged or defective product you are entitled to a refund or exchange for that same product to replace your damaged merchandise.
- If there is a discrepancy with your order or you received it in a damaged condition, it must be reported within 10 business days of receipt to be eligible for recourse.
Lost in transit: Orders that are lost in transit typically may be eligible for refund, but these orders are also subject to The GIN Store shipping policy.
Products created on-demand:
Many items on the GIN Store are created by “Print on Demand”. This means that once you place your order the products are then produced and shipped. These items are not eligible for refund except in the cases of an incorrect product, damaged product, lost in transit, or defective product.
Currently, this applies to products in the following categories:
- GIN branded home products
- Office and Stationery
- To ensure the safety and integrity of our products, The GIN Store does not accept returns of dietary Supplements, cleanses, homeopathic products, or anything else intended for human or animal consumption. All sales of products in these categories are final.
- Each bank and financial organization is different and depending on your back you may need to ] allow up to 10 business days for your refund to be processed.
Return Authorization: Any refund or exchange must be preauthorized by GIN Store customer service. To request a preauthorization, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIN Store Experience:
We want to do everything that we can to ensure that you are happy with your purchase so you can always Contact Us and we will work ensure that you “FEEL GOOD NOW” and receive the best possible care and shopping experience.
Last Modified 05/31/2022
Shower Cartridge Replacement Instructions
- Remove the entire filter system from your shower pipe by turning the chrome swivel connector counter clockwise (or to the left).
- Then remove the showerhead by turning the connector counterclockwise (or to the left). Do not remove the filter cartridge while the filter is still attached to the shower pipe, this may cause damage to the filter where it connects to the shower pipe.
- While holding the upper filter housing firmly, remove the lower filter cartridge by turning it to the left, (or counterclockwise). This cartridge may be disposed of with your trash, as it poses no environmental hazards.
- Unwrap the new replacement cartridge and remove the yellow pull tab label and the yellow plastic shipping cap from the top end of the cartridge.
- After making sure that the upper housing O-Ring is still in place, rub a coating of cooking oil on the exposed surface of the O-Ring to ensure a proper seal. Next, install the new lower cartridge by turning it to the right. Tighten firmly by hand; if this lower filter is not tightened firmly it will leak around the seam between the upper filter housing and the cartridge.
- Re-attach the filter system to your shower pipe by turning the chrome swivel collar clockwise (or to the right). Make sure that the connector washer in the chrome swivel connector is still in place.
- Before re-attaching the showerhead, flush and activate the filter media into a bucket until the water runs clear. Then re-attach the showerhead and enjoy.
NOTE: The initial surge of water will be discolored due to carbon fines and will soil your shower stall or tub. You may wish to capture the first one or two gallons of water in a bucket or pitcher. This carbonized water is very beneficial for plants and to the environment and can be discarded in a plant bed or down the drain.
For the initial flushing use cold water. Run water until clear and then turn the water off and then back on again. Repeat this on/off flushing until the initial surge of water is completely clear and free from carbon fines.
After the water has turned clear, adjust the temperature to your normal shower setting. Notice that there is a delay in temperature equalization due to the filter media warm up period. Take this equalization period into account when showering, make slight adjustments and wait 30 seconds for temperature change.
Replacement Cartridge Installation Video
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their products descriptions and/or ingredient list. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before consuming any product. Any health information provided in this product description is for informational purposes only. We do not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This information is not meant to replace or substitute professional medical advice. No statements in this description were evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product described herein is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.